Boat tour of Taormina, caves & Isola Bella
The boat tour Taormina can start from the port of Giardini Naxos, or from Recanati beach in Giardini Naxos (it will be established during the booking). While sailing you will discover several bays, and special caves of the coast of Taormina and Giardini Naxos. The navigation lasts about 2 hours.
During the boat tour Taormina you will see:
- The bay of Naxos – While sailing, you will see in front of you the bay of Giardini Naxos with the historic “Spuches” building.
- Cape Naxos – From here you can see the statue ‘Nike of Samothrace’, symbol of the first Greek colonization in Sicily.
- The Cave of the day – so called because it is always well lit by the sun’s glare and it also offers shelter to fishermen.
- Capo Taormina – Imposing promontory overlooking the Faraglioni del Capo, located between the bay of Naxos and Isola Bella.
- Isola Bella – Nature reserve, considered the pearl of the Mediterranean Sea.
- The Blue Cave (La grotta azzurra) – So named because of the blue reflections of the clear water mixed with the red reflections of the corals.
- The bay of Mazzarrò – A lovely bay with a natural charm.
- The bay of S. Nicola – An old Roman port.
- Spisone bay – An oasis of peace.
In addition to enjoying all these wonderful natural beauties, with the boat tour in Taormina you can also have a swim of about 20 minutes to cool off yourself in the crystal clear water.
Are you a snorkel enthusiast? In these 20 minutes you can also put on your goggles and snorkel. (we recommend to bring your own goggles if you have them!).
This boat tour is a shared excursion, with a maximum of 12-15 people on the boat. It is also possible to organize a private tour (ask for availability if you are interested).
Enjoy the sun shining on your skin, the sea spray against the boat and the beauty of the coast of Taormina and Giardini Naxos during the tour!
Details of the boat tour in Taormina
- Departure: 10.00 or 15.00.
- Arrive: 20/30 minutes before departure
- Duration: about 2 hours
- Places you will see: various bays and caves off the coast of Taormina & Giardini Naxos, with a stop of around 15 minutes to swim
- Period: from April to October
- The boat tour leaves in the morning at 09.30-10.00 hour or in the afternoon at 14.30-15.00 hour. And you must always arrive at least 15/20 minutes early.
Some suggestions for this excursion:
- Wear a swimsuit and beach clothes.
- Wear flip flops or water shoes.
- Bring a bath towel and something to drink (water).
- Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- If you want to immerse yourself in the sea and have a look at the corals and fishes during the 20 minute swim, you can bring goggles and a snorkel.
Tour price and payment
- Adults: €30.00 per person
- Children 6-11 years: €15.00 per person
- Children 0-5 years: free
Pianoprovenzana only works with partners that it knows personally and whose service is top notch. This way we can guarantee 100% satisfaction!
Languages spoken by the guide: Italian or English
Alternative: sunset & dolphins!
You can also do this excursion in the evening (€ 40,00 per person). Then in addition to the above things, you will also see the sunset. And in addition, at the end of the tour you will go to the open sea to spot dolphins! Also included in this excursion is a small apericena with prosecco, water and arancini. More info: Sunset and Dolphin Boat Tour.
Languages spoken by guides