Etna jeep tour with pick-up service
The Etna jeep tour starts from your accommodation. So if you are on holiday in Taormina or in Catania for example, the jeep can pick you up at your hotel or B&B, and of course, after the amazing jeep tour, you will be brought back after the tour.
What you will see during the Etna jeep tour:
During the Etna jeep tour, the first thing you will see is the lava of 1923 on the north side of Mount Etna. This lava reached the village of Linguaglossa and destroyed part of Catena.
The jeep drives on off-road roads, through the Ragabo forest. Here you can admire various plants and trees and see remains of ancient settlements. You will also visit a lava flow cave.
Lava flow of 2002
The second short stop takes place at the 2002 lava flow. To get here the jeep drives a bit off-road through forests of oak and chestnut trees.
Then the Etna jeep tour continues to Piano Provenzana (1800 meters) where, after a stop, you will have plenty of time to admire the destructive force of the Etna volcano up close. You will take a short walk on the 2002 lava to see the remains of ‘Le Betulle’ hotel, under the lava. Here you can clearly see the power and consequences of the 2002 eruption.
Etna Jeep tour highlight
- Duration: 5 hours more less
- Departure time: on request
- Departure point: from the reception of your accommodation* or Linguaglossa
- Clothing: sports or hiking shoes, jacket and backpack
Tour includes jeep, water and insurance. The tour does not include entrance fees, lunch, tips and a local guide.
* Pick-up service is possible on request for example from Taormina or Catania. For locations further away, an additional cost may be requested. (Minimum number of persons for a pick-up service is 3)
You can also book the tour as a private or customized tour. Ask for information when booking!