Horseback ride Mount Etna, horse riding itinerary
The horseback ride on Mount Etna lasts an hour and a half and you will discover exclusive naturalistic environments. In the summer period (July and August) the excursions start from an altitude of 1450 mt on Mount Etna. In the rest of the year, the horseback rides start from the Ranch in the village of Linguaglossa.
Horse riding Mount Etna: 1,5 hours
This excursion is suitable for everyone, even those who want to approach this adventure for the first time, especially children. Starting from Linguaglossa you will head towards the mountains of the Alcantara Valley, that border the town along old paths. Along the way you will stop at some panoramic points to take pictures of both the coast of Taormina and the volcano Etna.
In summer instead the horse riding tours leave from Rifugio Ragabo, at an altitude of 1450 meters. From here you will enter the Ragabo Pine Forest. You will ride on a mountain track and see the old lava flow of the Mount Etna eruption of 2002.
Our Mount Etna horseback riding tours are led by experienced federal guides.
Mount Etna Horse riding details
- Departure: Linguaglossa (or Mount Etna in July and August)
- Time: 10 minutes before departure
- Duration: more less 1,5 hours
- Must do: during the trip you can stop and take some pictures
- Period: all the year round (even with snow!)
Prices quoted for the Mount Etna horseback ride include the use of the horse, guide, use of riding equipment, and insurance.
Terms and Conditions
- Minimum 2 participants per excursion
- The trail is suitable for beginners
- Horses can be ridden with either English or American saddle